So the old saying, "no news is good news" turned out to be true...
I had my glucose test scheduled for last Friday and to say I was dreading it would be a huge understatement. I had heard horror stories from my neighbor and articles I read on the internet about how horrible the drink is and I was dreading it like the plague. I even emailed my cousin asking her what I should be prepared for, she reassured me it wasn't that bad, but I still had my doubts. Before he left for work, Marcus opened the drink, smelled it and even begrudgingly took a little swig to calm my nerves. When I say little, I mean like maybe a half a teaspoon, not at all enough to make a difference. He told me it wasn't that bad at all, I took that to mean he was trying to calm me down so I would be able to choke it down. Turns out, he wasn't lying. I had imagined this horrible syrupy liquid that really just tasted a bit like orange Gatorade. So I followed the directions to a "T" (drank it all in five minutes, didn't eat anything two hours prior-very hard for a pregnant woman, and made sure I told them the exact time I finished it when I arrived at the doctor's office) and had the test done. The girl who did the test told me that I would hear back from them more than likely on Monday.
Monday came, no call. Tuesday came, still no call. I'm a bit of a worrier so when I asked Marcus if I should call today he said it might be a good idea (he knows me very well). Well, I made the call, and sure enough, no news is good news. We're clear on the gestational diabetes front! YAY!!!! I was waiting to post something on here until I got the results from the test : )
I know when I started this blog I mentioned that I got weekly emails from various websites telling me how big the baby is and how much he weighed in that particular week. I've been keeping tabs on this myself but I realized I hadn't posted anything about it on here. I was looking back at my first entry when I was 15 weeks along and in the 12 weeks since my first post he's grown quite a bit. He was four inches when I started writing my blog and now he is approximately 14 inches. Quite a growth spurt! I didn't put how much he weighed then (his weight was 2 1/2 ounces), but now he is up to a healthy two pounds and is scheduled to gain approximately half a pound a week from now until he is born. He's my growing boy!!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yay! Such good news! haha I would've been the same with the drink, so it was nice of Marcus to try a tiny bit for you! :o)
ReplyDelete