I have been looking at my "days to go" calendar for some time now and this week we hit a milestone. We are in the double digits now. I can hardly believe it. It seems like we have so much to get done between now and July 25th. Time is flying by...and I can hardly believe how fast all of this is going. Marcus and I were talking this week about how it seems like a week ago that we were looking at that positive test result in November. Yet here we are, five months later and getting more excited and nervous as every day passes.
Good news this week on the epilepsy medicine front. My doctor's office called on Wednesday of last week to let me know that my levels were good and I didn't need to have any lab work done for another month. The doctor had increased it a week prior so fingers crossed everything will go ok. No more needles for a month! Woo Hoo!!! Wait, I take that back, I have my glucose screening done this Friday. I think I'm dreading this test more than any other one I've had thus far. Ok, awaiting the results of the quad screen was pretty rough, but not looking forward to this one either. The doctor's office sent the special "drink" home with me so I could drink it cold (supposedly this helps) and not have to wait in the office for as long. They check your blood an hour after you drink the yummy orange flavored sugar water. Can't wait!
It's getting more and more tricky to sleep now, evidently this only gets better as time goes on (sarcasm). I'll get semi-comfy and then he'll decide he'd like to be awake for a little bit and practice his kicking and just general movement of rolling around. Then I'll get semi-comfy and sleep for a few hours and he decides he'd like to play some more. I'm ok with it honestly, for now at least. After all of the worries we had about him, it just reminds me that he is healthy. Ask me again how I feel about this in June, I might have a different opinion. But for now, it's comforting to know that he is healthy and happy.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment