In the almost four months (yikes!!) since I've written anything we've had lots of firsts.
Kenneth had his first Halloween. He was a dinosaur. The night was super cold so we just stayed in and took some extremely cute pictures of him in his costume. We took a few pics a couple days before Halloween, but he spit up on his little costume so I washed it. We put it back on on Halloween and he spit up on it again. I guess he just doesn't like to get dressed up. Hopefully next year will be better. He also helped us to carve our first pumpkin. Marcus and I have never carved one together so we included Kenneth in the process. And when I say include I mean he watched from his bouncy chair.
Kenneth also had his first Thanksgiving. We traveled to North Carolina for the occasion. We flew out on Thanksgiving morning and had a joy of a plane ride. Sarcasm oozing...Nonetheless, we did have a great day. Poor Kenneth was exhausted and slept most of the day once we landed. We had a nice long weekend with our family there.
We spent his first Christmas in New Mexico with Grandpa and Grandma Tallman (I know they loved being called that), Uncle Nate and Aunt Lacy, and Aunt Beka. We spent a couple weeks with them and then headed to Denver to spend New Year's with family there. While we were In New Mexico, Kenneth also had his first sled ride. On New Year's day he sat up (all be it for a few seconds only) all by himself.
He is still working on sitting up by himself. He does good for a few seconds and then his little head kind of weighs him down. At his six month well baby check we weighed in at 18.4 pounds (60th percentile), 27-ish inches long (62nd percentile), and his head circumference-well I'm not sure the exact measurements-but his head is in the 92nd percentile. He is a rolling baby though. Since he learned how to go from his back to stomach he's rolling across the floor. It's kind of funny. We'll put him to bed at night and when we go to get him in the morning he's on the other side of his bed waiting (almost always patiently) for us to pick him up. He is now in nine month clothes. How in the world my little preemie baby got so big is beyond me...I mean he likes to eat, but he's just gotten so big.
We've also conquered the world of solids. Well if you want to call eating sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots conquering. He doesn't like cereal though at all. We've tried rice, oats, oats with bananas, barley, and mixed grain. If he doesn't like something or is full he tries (rather brilliantly) to spit it out. But he does it very creatively. He is teething so he puts everything in his mouth so when he started to put his bib in his mouth while he was eating I didn't really think much of it until I noticed something. If he's full or doesn't like a food, he'll put his bib in his mouth and spit out that bit of food in it. Pretty clever....
Anyway, I've tried to type all of this while he was taking a nap and he's awake now so I'll try and type more later. Please excuse any typos. I've not had time to proofread this at all.


No comments:
Post a Comment