Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's All Happening

This Friday will mark the start of my weekly appointments until he is born. When we first found out we were pregnant we had our initial appointment with our doctor and had all sorts of tests done. At the end of the visit the receptionist went ahead and scheduled all of our appointments for the rest of the pregnancy. I can remember thinking that the one's that we'd be going to every week seemed so far away. Not anymore. My last appointment was on June 4th and the time between that appointment and the one on Friday has seemed like the longest for some reason. Time is just dragging by at a nice slow speed now. I'm starting to feel like I've been pregnant forever instead of eight months.

In the past week we've gotten a bit accomplished. I've started to wash baby clothes, blankets, bibs, and bedding. Little clothes are so fun to wash. Marcus put the crib together and slowly but surely we are getting the nursery together. He's had to work the past couple of weekends which has made the process tricky, but I'm pretty sure he's off this weekend so we can finish it up. We had a really good first father's day. Just relaxed, I'm told our days of doing this our numbered, and watched some TV. He even got to use the drill that I bought him. I'm thinking he'll get to use it even more this weekend. We've got to put the dresser, changing table, and rocker together. Should be fun : ) Well, maybe as an observer it will be. His opinion of the whole process may be a little bit different than mine.

Here are some pictures of the "crib raising":

Thinking to ourselves, "Hmmm....This looks easy enough".
Turns out it wasn't that bad at all : )

The finished product!

This is just one little shot of the bedding.
I'll put more up when we are done getting it all decorated and ready
for our little boy.


I'm sure I'll have another entry this weekend and can put even more pictures up of getting the furniture together and getting the room ready. Can't wait to do some more work on his room!!!

2 comments: