Tuesday, May 11, 2010

29 weeks, How'd this happen??

I'm still surprised at how fast all of this is going, I'll say it again, it seems like just a few weeks ago we found out we were pregnant.

This past week has been very good. We had our 28 week visit on Friday and on Monday we had our last ultrasound with the specialist. The visit with the OB went well, more questions, and more reassurance that everything was normal and he is doing good. At our ultrasound on Monday they were able to see everything they needed to with his heart. Usually, since February 15th, when we leave they want to schedule another ultrasound, but not on this visit. It was a bittersweet moment. It's been great to see him every four weeks, but knowing he's healthy and not having to make that additional stop to schedule another ultrasound was a good feeling too. I'm not sure when we'll get to see him again though which kind of makes me sad. I was lying on the table while the lady was rubbing the transducer around, yes I know the official name now, looking at him and thinking about our first ultrasound at 10 weeks and was amazed at how much our little boy has grown. When we first saw him he was barely an inch long and now he is a bit over 15 inches. All of this is truly a miracle.

On Saturday night we went over to our friends house for a little party. Before we left, I was trying to find something to wear (I think I changed outfits about three times) and once I did I needed help just tying my shoes. I called for Marcus, he was downstairs at the time, and he helped me get them tied. We had to go pick up some drinks and chips for the party and on our way to the way to the grocery store I was thinking about how I was pregnant and no one else at the party was and how I couldn't even tie my shoes without help and almost had a breakdown right then and there. Then, I opened my phone to see how we were doing on time and when I did there he was. The 3D ultrasound picture is my wallpaper and suddenly none of it mattered. I didn't care that none of my clothes seemed to fit (although I know they do), that I can barely tie my shoes now, and everything seems swollen. He was there looking cute as can be and seeing him was all I needed to make me smile again. Once we got to the house they surprised us with a few things we had registered for for him. It was a wonderful surprise and we appreciated it soooo much : )

We leave on Friday to take a road trip to see our family in New Mexico. I'll keep this updated as best I can. Thanks for reading and keeping up with us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Such great news! :o) AW! So worth it! That's so great that they surprised you, and y'all get to take the road trip!

    ReplyDelete