Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sixteen Weeks and Counting

We had our sixteen week visit today. Everything went really well. I think the heartbeat was the strongest I've heard it thus far. The doctor even commented on how strong it was! As promised, here is a 16 week belly picture...




I know not everyone has seen the first ultrasound picture so this is it. It was taken at eight weeks.



The next ultrasound will be at our 20 week visit which is also when we find out what we're having. Our insurance allows us to have one of those really neat 3D ultrasounds that day too so I know we'll have some really good pictures to post then!!

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. My appetite has returned in leaps and bounds to make up for the first trimester of not wanting to eat anything so that's been a welcome change. My back has started to hurt but the doctor said that it was normal when I asked her today. She said it's just the way the weight is shifting and the baby is growing. The pregnancy seems to be flying by. I can't believe how fast these few weeks have gone by. From what Dr. Bernhard, my OB, says we're doing great and everything is right on track for our July baby!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! :o) That's awesome about insurance covering the 3D ultrasounds! I had no clue! Definitely exciting!

    ReplyDelete